Saturday, February 9, 2013

HAPPY BIRTHDAY ROGER

I knew that I wanted to make a quilt for my boss Roger when he retired, but not know when that would happen I decided to make him a quilt for his birthday. Last summer I started looking for WSU (Washington State University) fabric, since Roger is the biggest coug fan there is. I had no idea what I would do with the WSU fabric but I was sure that in time I could come up with a pattern that would work. And lucky for me I found the perfect pattern while I was at the quilt retreat. Since Roger's birthday is this Sunday I took his quilt to work and gave it to him there. Of course I had to take a picture of it spread out on my bed and of course like all the other times I put a new quilt on my bed to take a picture, Gidjet has to jump up on it, silly cat that Gidjet girl is.

Roger was so excited about his quilt, he thanked me every time he saw me through the day, he said "I cant believe you made me a quilt, I love it" Then he said "I have to go show Tim" Tim is another big coug fan, and so Roger just had to rub it in a little that I made him a WSU quilt and not Tim. Roger and I in his office
Happy Birthday Roger... enjoy you quilt and thanks for all that you have done for me over the last 22 years that we have worked together.

 al's signature

0 comments: