Saturday, October 5, 2013

Row Along Quilt aka I Love Camille Quilt

Last fall Camille invited me to join her in sewing this cute little quilt together and since you used scrapes I thought sure why not. Each week we would get the pattern for the next row, hence Row Along Quilt, I would print it up and send it off to Camille and of course make a copy for myself. Little did I know that there would be so many little pieces to cut. I decided that I would count just how many pieces I did cut out to make each row and this is what I came up with... give or take a few pieces: tulips 187, flying geese 144, apple 80, stars 160, butterflies 99, basket 98, spool 182, mittens 110, leaf 176, mugs 81, chevron 72, House 80, that is a total of 1469 pieces, that does not count for the boarders or the pieces in between each flower, house etc. I do have to say, I love my Janome sewing machine but I have to be very careful and make sure that I move my needle over to make a 1/4 seam. I always thought that my needle was a 1/4 inch until I started to sew "I Love Camille Quilt" together and none of my rows were coming out correct. I was on the phone one night with Mom telling her that I was through sewing since none of my rows were coming out right and I did not know what to do. Mom simply told me to check my 1/4 seam to make sure that it was 1/4 inch and guess what it was off, not by much but enough to make me want to stop sewing, so once I started sewing with a 1/4 seam it made all the differences in the world, so yes my little row along quilt is not perfect but it sure is cute.

0 comments: