Wednesday, April 2, 2014

"NO QUIT" Quilt for Tad

While my cousin Tad was living in the Virgin Island, he got very sick and had a 72 day stay at the hospital. At one point his doctors contacted his kids and told them, that if they wanted to see their Dad they needed to come as they did not think that Tad was going to make. Tad's kids were on the next plane to the Virgin Island to say goodbye to their Dad. That is not how the story ended, it end with the love and support from Tad's kids, family and friends Tad made it out of the hospital and now is back in Idaho.  So you ask how does this quilt come into play after wanted to do something for Tad but not knowing what, Mom and I came up with idea to make a Denver Bronco's quilt for Tad.  Tad is a big Denver Bronco fan so Mom and I got busy and made Tad a one of a kind Denver Bronco quilt, if you look close you will see a little Seahawk helmet on the backside of the quilt, cause not only are Mom and I Seahawk's fan the Seahawks won the Superbowl, and we had to rub it in a little.

Finding the Bronco fabric was another story, the local fabric stores did not have so the next best place ... head to the internet and sure enough that is where I found so I immediately ordered it after it arrived I went on the hunt to find fabric to match it. The name of the pattern is "Shadow Box" I thought the quilt turned out great. Thanks to Mom for making it dance with her quilting. Made with love just for Tad.

 

0 comments: