Monday, May 12, 2014

Seattle Seahawks Quilt for Kailee

When our granddaughter Kailee came over a few months ago, she wanted to know if we could sew something, we made a little fleece blanket and called it good. But I told her that for her birthday I would make her a Seattle Seahawk quilt. Kailee loves the Seahawks. I went on the hunt for the perfect lime green fabric to go along with the Seahawk fabric that I was hard to find but thanks to the internet I was able to locate a few yards.  I started to make the quilt before  Super Bowl XLVIII 2014 and as I was sewing it together I was thinking please let the Seahawks win the Super Bowl cause it would not be the same if the lost.  The Seahawks kicked those Denver Broncos butt 43-8. I don't think that this quilt could have turned out any better. I hope that Kailee likes it.

3 comments:

PNW Quilts said...

this is really a great quilt and as a Seahawk fan and quilter I totally appreciate your awesome work!! Go Hawks!!

Anonymous said...

I love your quilt and would love to make something similar with some Seattle Mariners fabric for a Christmas gift for my father-in-law. Can you tell me what size your center piece is and what size strips you cut?
Thanks!

Unknown said...

Andrea, I believe that the center square was a 6x6 and my strips I believe I cut 2 inches. I just played around with the size until I thought it looked good.